IMPROVE YOUR TEETH APPEARANCE AND FUNCTIONALITY
WITH DENTAL IMPLANTS!
UNDERSTANDING THE BASICS
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are used to replace missing teeth. They are made of titanium and are surgically placed into the jawbone. Dental implants serve as a strong and sturdy foundation for replacement teeth, such as crowns, bridges, or dentures.
UNDERSTANDING THE VALUE
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants from Forest Lake Smiles can provide numerous benefits that can help restore your confidence and overall quality of life. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy:
• Improved Appearance: Dental implants are designed to look and feel like natural teeth, improving the overall appearance of your smile. They are customized to match the color, shape, and size of your existing teeth, and can even help prevent facial sagging that can occur with missing teeth.
• Confidence to Speak in Public: Missing teeth can impact your ability to speak clearly. With dental implants, you can speak with confidence knowing that your replacement teeth are securely in place.
• Improved Oral Health: Implants can help improve your overall oral health by preventing bone loss and gum recession that can occur with missing teeth. They also do not require any additional maintenance beyond regular brushing and flossing.
• Improved Comfort: Implants are designed to be a comfortable and permanent solution for missing teeth. Unlike dentures or bridges, they do not slip or move and do not require any messy adhesives.
What To Expect
What Is the Dental Implant Placement Procedure Like?
Here's what you can expect during the dental implant placement procedure led by Forest Lake dentist Dr. Jonathan Siverson:
• Consultation: During your first visit, Dr. Siverson will evaluate your oral health, take X-rays, and determine if dental implants are a suitable solution for your dental needs. He’ll also discuss the procedure and answer any questions you may have.
• Implant Placement: Next, Dr. Siverson will surgically place the implant into your jawbone. This is done under local anesthesia. The implant will be left to heal and fuse with the bone over the next few months.
• Abutment Placement: Once the implant has fused with the bone, a small connector called an abutment is attached to the implant. This connector will hold the replacement tooth, crown, or denture in place.
• Placement of Replacement Teeth: The final step is to place the replacement tooth, crown, or denture onto the abutment. This will complete the implant placement process and provide you with a natural-looking and long-lasting replacement for your missing teeth.
Dental Implant Recovery Process
After the dental implant placement procedure, it’s essential to follow these tips for a fast recovery:
• Avoid eating hard or crunchy foods for the first few days
• Take pain medication as prescribed by Dr. Jonathan Siverson
• Maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly